This position incorporates all of the Bag Jammer / Manual Encoder Job Description in addition to all that follows below.
The Lead keeps the daily operations of the shift flowing smoothly. The Lead reports to the Manager and acts as a front-line extension of the Manager’s authority. The Lead is responsible for ensuring that employees are present and that work is completed in a safe and efficient manner and according to company policies and procedures. The Lead provides training, support, direction and assistance to his subordinates. The Lead evaluates the work of subordinates and provides corrective action.
- Maintains positive employee relations through effective supervision.
- Ensures a harassment free work environment.
- Communicates shift expectations and priorities.
- Monitors and appraises job results.
- Coaches, counsels, and initiates employee discipline.
- Resolves personnel problems by investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Enforces policies and procedures.
- Reports employee issues to the Manager as appropriate.
- Scheduling and Staffing
- Lead is responsible for organizing the work and workers on shift.
- Publishes a daily task rotation schedule and makes adjustments as needed.
- Tracks and reports all incidents of absence and tardiness to Manager.
- Implements Emergency Overtime Policy Procedures as needed and in consultation with the Manager.
- Orients, trains, mentors and evaluates new employees.
- Trains all employees on shift in safety policies and workplace procedures.
- Conducts ongoing safety training and maintains training logs and records.
- Team Approach
- Works alongside members of the shift team.
- Leads by example.
- Initiates and fosters a spirit of cooperation with and between employees.
- Quality Control
- Ensures that service meets expectations for safety, speed and accuracy.
- Resolves customer requests / complaints on shift.
- Reports any issues to the manager.
- Maintains safe work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment and resources
- Maintains compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for completing and filing all incident/accident reports
- Responsible for reporting all violations of safety and other policies.
- Accounts for all company equipment on assigned shift.
- Ensures equipment is operating safely; reports problems as they arise and follows up until resolved.
- Responsible for submitting daily shift reports and completing other administrative tasks as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through the pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Systems Integration & Maintenance, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.