SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Remove bags from conveyor belt, read bag tags and then sort and transport bags to appropriate piers within the baggage handling area using baggage golf cart (at default pier station and/or oversize belts).
- Drive baggage golf cart in a safe and efficient manner around highly congested and busy bag room.
- Read bag tags and manually encode baggage using hand scanner and or bag tag computer touch screen (at manual encoding station).
- Read bag tags to determine which piers to send bags to, then apply pier tags and lift bags onto transfer belt at appropriate time (at transfer belt station).
- Work in the TSA Screening Room, as assigned, removing bags from incoming belt and sorting and placing at TSA screener stations.
- Assigned tub collection and distribution duties in order to relieve customer personnel shortages
- Lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform cleaning and other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Airport experience a plus
- Ability to perform shift work including early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- A candidate must fulfill a fingerprint-based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA). Candidates must also be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
- Must be able to report to work on a regular, consistent and timely basis.
While performing the duties of a Bag Jammer / Manual Encoder, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around aircraft and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems. Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment is similar to airport operation with vehicular traffic. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, heat, cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees will work on an airport ramp around aircraft and around heavy equipment.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Miami-Dade Aviation Department AOA Driver’s License (Non Movement Area).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through the pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Systems Integration & Maintenance, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.